The February visa bulletin continues to reflect minimal movement from the prior month. EB-1 Priority Workers for All Chargeability areas, El Salvador/Guatemala/Honduras, Mexico, Philippines, and Vietnam advance 2 months to a cut-off date of December 1, 2017. EB-1 China and India also advance approximately 7 weeks to February 8, 2017. EB-2 “Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability” for China progresses another 2 months to October 1, 2015 while EB-2 India continues its very slow movement by advancing 6 days to April 6, 2009. EB-3 “Professionals/Skilled Workers” for the Philippines and India jump approximately 7 weeks to August 1, 2017 and April 22, 2009, respectively. EB-3 China advances only 3 weeks to July 1, 2015.
In the coming months, the DOS anticipates that employment-based immigrant visa numbers may progress at the following rates:
- WORLDWIDE (most countries): Up to two months.
- China and India: Up to one month.
- Worldwide: Current for the foreseeable future.
- China: Up to three months.
- India: Up to one week
- Worldwide: Current
- China: Up to three weeks.
- India: Up to three months.
- Mexico: Current
- Philippines: Rapid movement to generate demand.
Continue monitoring the monthly Visa Bulletin for further developments.